Excursion to Argolis, one of the historical regions of the Peloponnese, is designed for the whole day. Our program includes stops at the Corinth Canal and Nafplion, as well as visits to Mycenae and Epidaurus. A perfect suggestion for you to experience the beautiful heritage of Greek culture.
After this short stop by the Corinth Channel you will visit the “Very Rich” city of Mycenae, as Homer said. Admire the vaulted tombs of famous kings of the Trojan War, the Lions’ Gate, the Royal Palace and other archaeological findings of the greatest and oldest civilizations that flourished in Greece.
Next stop will be in the first capital of modern Greece, the city of Nafplio. Enjoy viewing the colorful setting of neoclassical mansions, paved streets and Venetian castles. Capture the famous Palamidi fortress standing on top of the town.
Ancient Theater of Epidaurus:
Ancient Epidaurus is a World Heritage Site and home to great archaeological findings. Ancient Theater of Epidaurus was built in the 4th century BC. This construction is known to be the most perfect sample of an ancient theater in Greece and one of the most amazing ones in the world, from a symmetry and perfect acoustics point of view.
During the excursion you will visit:
- The Lion Gate of Mycenae
- Tombs of the Kings
- The treasury of Atreus
- The Mycenean Archeological Museum
- The ancient Theater of Epidaurus
- The Asclepius
- Old Town of Nafplio
- Palamidi Castle
- View of Mpourtzi
- Local licensed guide
- Transportation on comfortable vehicle
- Entrance fees to archaeological site and museum
- Snacks, drinks, or meals
Entrance Fees to the Sites
- Ancient Corinth : 8 euros including the museum
- Mycenae : 12 euros including the tomb of Agamemnon
- Epidaurus : 12 euros including the Museum
Sites’ Opening Hours
- From April 1st to October 31st 08:00-19:30
- From November 1st to March 31st 08:30-16:00