The Platamon Castle, an important part of the history of Pieria, is a Crusader castle (built between 1204 and 1222) in northern Greece (Macedonia) and is located southeast of Mount Olympus, in a strategic position which controls the exit of the Tempe valley, through which passes the main road connecting Macedonia with Thessaly and southern Greece. The tower, which overlooks the highway, is an imposing medieval fortress.
Paleos Panteleimonas is a mountain village of Greek crafts with picturesque streets on the slope of Mount Olympus.
It is one of the best examples of traditional Macedonian architecture in northern Greece. Located at an altitude of 500m above sea level, offering an unforgettable view of the coast of Pieria and the Platamon fortress.
During the excursion you will visit:
- Platamonas castle
- Paleos Panteleimonas village
You will have the opportunity to:
- Take a walk and visit the temple of St. Panteleimon
- Buy handmade souvenirs
- Visit a traditional shop with wild herbs and Olympus teas, spices, 100% natural essential and therapeutic oils, face and body skin care creams.
- You will also have the opportunity to taste the famous Greek Olympos oregano oil and mountain Olympic tea.
- Local licensed guide
- Transportation on comfortable vehicle
- Snacks, drinks, or meals
- Entrance fees
Opening hours of Platamonas Castle
08:30 – 15:30
Entrance fee 3 euro
*Last arrival at the Castle 20 minutes before the end of the schedule.