Cape Sounion– this is one of the most scenic places in Greece, the southernmost outskirts of Attica which is a real treasure.
It is here, at the “end of the world” those lovers of myths and mysteries of the past, as well as romantics who dream of seeing sunsets of indescribable beauty, gain their inspiration.
Temple of Poseidon– The construction of the Temple of Poseidon began around the 5th century BC but was never completed. The architectural perfection and splendor of this building is breathtaking. In ancient times, for sailors returning to their native shores, this Temple served as a sure sign that they were on the right path to their native Hellas. The locals found shelter here during the siege of Athens.
Lake Vouliagmeni is located on the southern coast of Attica, about 21 km from the center of Athens, next to the sea (only 100 meters from the sea) in a very beautiful and picturesque area with natural healing radon springs.
During the excursion you will visit:
- Temple of Poseidon
- Vouliagmeni Lake
- Local licensed guide
- Transportation on comfortable vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Snacks, drinks, or meals
During our visit in Vouliagmeni Lake, you can also swim.
Operation hours of Lake Vouliagmeni: 08:00 – 20:00
Last ticket: 19:30
Main Deck at the Lake’s shoreline under the imposing rock guests enjoy the sun and warm water. Upon availability guests can choose among sunbeds, chaise-lounges or tables with chairs. Booking is not available for the Main Deck area.
- General entrance Weekdays 15 €
- Weekends and National Holidays 18 €
- For children up to age of 5 Free Entrance
Vouliagmeni Lake offers:
- Free Parking
- Sunbeds and umbrellas
- Lifeguarding and medical services
- Restaurant – cafe
- WC / Dressing rooms / Showers / Hot water
- Access for people with disabilities
Temple of Poseidon opening hours
April 1st – October 31st
- Monday to Sunday 08:00 until sunset.
November 1st – March 31st
- Monday to Sunday 09:30 until sunset.
Entrance fee to Temple of Poseidon:
- Ticket Price for the Summer Period (April 1st – October 31st): 8€
- Ticket Price for the Winter Period (November 1st – March 31st): 4€