Meteora – most popular destination in Greece, after Acropolis in Athens.
There is nothing quite like it anywhere else!
Often described as stunning works of architecture set in a landscape that is as unique as it is breath-taking, the six monasteries of Meteora are visited every year by many tourists.
A vast complex of giant rock pillars with monasteries made on the picks of the sandstone cliffs centuries ago creates a truly surreal landscape found nowhere else in the world!
It is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Until this day, the method how these monasteries were built remain unknown.
During the excursion you will visit:
- 2 monasteries
- Stop for lunch in Kalambaka city
- Local licensed guide
- Transportation on comfortable vehicle
- Entrance fees monastery’s
- Snacks, drinks, or meals
April 1 – October 30
09:00 – 16:00 depended on Monastery
Entrance fee: 3 euro
November 1 – March 31
09:00 – 18:00 depended on Monastery
Entrance fee: 3 euros
- Appropriate clothing for everyone is required to enter the monasteries. Sleeveless clothing and shorts over the knee for men are prohibited and you‘ll be denied access if dressed that way. For ladies skirts and shawls are available to borrow or buy at the entrance of monasteries in case they don’t have such clothing to cover themselves.
- Please keep in mind that, since every monastery closes on some days of the week, we do not visit the same monasteries every day.